The Martial Arts are based on respect, self-discipline and common courtesy.
- Always greet and bow to your instructors when entering and leaving the DOJO.
- Never question your instructor’s decisions.
- Respect and obey all instructors and black belts.
- Always answer your instructors with a “yes, sensei” or “no, sensei”.
- Try to arrive 10 – 15 minutes before class.
- Please be quiet while waiting for your class to begin.
- Remain off the training area while waiting for your class to begin.
- Guests are welcome, but please introduce them to your instructors.
- Small children will be supervised at all times – please do not let them run around and be disruptive.
- There will be no abusive language, attitude or behaviors of any kind.
Your uniform & personal hygiene:
- Wear a complete and approved SDBJJ Academy uniform for all classes.
- All approved patches shall be sewn on all uniforms.
- Keep your uniform clean and wrinkle-free.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Fingernails and toenails must be kept short – we don’t want anyone getting injured.
- Remove all jewelry before class for your classmates’ safety and yours (this includes rings, necklaces, watches, bracelets, earrings, etc.)
- Female students must wear a t-shirt under their uniform.
- Long hair should always be worn off face and pulled neatly back.
- Uniforms and belts will be put on in the dressing room or at home.
- Please do not get dressed on the training floor.
- Approved sparring gear is required for all sparring classes.
- Learn how to tie your belt properly – if you need help, just ask.
- No chewing gum during class.
- Always come to class “Ready to Train!”
- Work hard and be encouraging to your classmates.
- And, never forget your goal: Black Belt Excellence!
- If you miss your class due to illness or vacation for a period of more than one week, please notify the school.